1. All 45 yard classes are rolled back to the 280 fps arrow speed rule.
2. Shooters are only allowed to let-down twice. They will receive a score of Zero for a third let-down.
3. Use of magnification and light in scoring.
New classes are:
4. Men’s: Known Pro (Known 50 is now all amateur), Super Senior Known, Men’s Known 40 (Men’s Open C is now half known & half unknown) and Men’s Hunter Elite (replaces Men’s Unlimited).
Women’s: Women’s Senior Known, Women’s Hunter Elite and Women’s Traditional.
5. NEW: High School, Middle School and Elementary School Arrow Rule: For ALL school classes (High, Middle & Elem) the maximum diameter of arrow shafts will not exceed 9.3mm or .366", and the field or glue-in point for these arrows will have a maximum diameter of 9.4mm or .370"
The 2013 ASA Sportsmanship award was presented to Charles Buhler in recognition of his extraordinary commitment to the entire archery community. He has established the Dream Day St Jude shoot to benefit the youth in his community and works tirelessly helping clubs and archers enjoy the sport he loves. ASA is proud to present him with this award and to provide Charles with a lifetime membership. The ASA State Federation is also pleased to recognize State Sportsmanship Award winners Vickie Eaves of Arkansas, Cindy Minor of Oklahoma, Julian Sanchez of Texas and Wes Lawson of Illinois.