PDA

View Full Version : 2014 ASA-FLORIDA warm-up

bhtr3d
11-06-2013, 03:03 PM
HOT OFF THE PRESSES.....

Well,.....I am letting everyone know that the warm up for the ASA -Gainesville Pro/Am that is held at the Tampa Bay Sporting Clays in Land O' Lakes Fla.... We have psuedo named this event the GeezerFest as we have a few out of staters that have made this their bragging rights start.

DATE: SUNDAY JANUARY 26, 2014

We are to have a new course layout for the event.

I will giving more updates later into the week / next week.....keep tuned.....

bhtr3d
11-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Gentlemen...and im sure there are a few of those around here...... of course Ladies....
We are working on getting all the formalities setup on the GeezerFest....... Oh, here something ......How would you all like to do some sporting Clays as well??? This is a BIG MAYBE...but maybe work out something for people to do some as a half time break or something.

C.Roberts
11-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Gentlemen...and im sure there are a few of those around here...... of course Ladies....
We are working on getting all the formalities setup on the GeezerFest....... Oh, here something ......How would you all like to do some sporting Clays as well??? This is a BIG MAYBE...but maybe work out something for people to do some as a half time break or something.

If I decided to do some sporting clays, would I be limited to shooting only one arrow per shot, and only allowed one bird per arrow?

Elkhunter
11-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Hey Clawed --- y'all gonna hafta build ya up some "bird flu flu" arrahs" --- I don't think "swine flu", or "asian flu" arrahs will work.

bhtr3d
12-06-2013, 07:19 PM
THE GEEZERFEST POSTER-BILLBOARD has been posted. I'll have it here to post once I shrink it down to under 96K. its on the ASA Florida facebook

bhtr3d
12-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Ok guys....I have something for you oldies....... We are looking to do something for a few of the classes....and the Geezer class will be one of them....IF we can get 5 or more we are going to add some bonus monies to the payback....So let's just say...if their is 5 ppl.....first place will be paid DOUBLE what it normally would get....SO BRING on more poeple...GET MORE to shoot :) ...We are going to be shooting the old old course......

carlosii
12-19-2013, 02:01 AM
guess they kicked Phil Robertson off Duck Dynasty because he expressed his opinions. I guess Phil has to learn that free speech is a one way street. They love picking on geezeers like me and Phil.

bhtr3d
12-19-2013, 08:33 PM
guess they kicked Phil Robertson off Duck Dynasty because he expressed his opinions. I guess Phil has to learn that free speech is a one way street. They love picking on geezeers like me and Phil.

I guess i'll pick on ya for this post....What in the world does that have to do with this thread???? LOL :)

carlosii
12-20-2013, 01:38 AM
I guess i'll pick on ya for this post....What in the world does that have to do with this thread???? LOL :)

are you kidding??? this thread was DYING until i made this post. go pick on somebody your own age.

Elkhunter
12-20-2013, 02:23 AM
I don't think there's any other a them "young adults" on here ta pick on --- y'all skeered em' all away --- Grrrrrr !!!

C.Roberts
12-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Looks like Tim and Carlosii are at it again.

bhtr3d
12-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Hes from Indiana. ...that makes it too easy......look at who he has from his state....thost two stick bow shooters....Buzz. ..an .Dan.....

carlosii
12-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Hes from Indiana. ...that makes it too easy......look at who he has from his state....thost two stick bow shooters....Buzz. ..an .Dan.....

i'll be sure to share that with Darrin and Gary Studt and Scott Starnes and Jake and Bob and the Buzzard and the Bear...boy are you in trouble now.

(P.S. its "those" not "thost"...i know 3rd grade's hard, bhtr3d but you're just gonna have to try harder.)

Elkhunter
12-24-2013, 12:05 PM
It's never too late fer anythin er anybuddy --- he just needs to attend Elkies skool a English and Proof Reading --- I REALLY prefer "100 Proof" maself --- daaang, druuuunk agin !!!

bhtr3d
12-24-2013, 01:29 PM
It's never too late fer anythin er anybuddy --- he just needs to attend Elkies skool a English and Proof Reading --- I REALLY prefer "100 Proof" maself --- daaang, druuuunk agin !!!

don't you mean anglish and poof reeding

carlosii
12-24-2013, 06:50 PM
don't you mean anglish and poof reeding
that's more like it...i knowed you had it in ya.

C.Roberts
12-25-2013, 01:31 AM
Ifun I wuss uh mine tu I cud hep yuins widt yer anglish. Butt ull jist leef Elkie tuh duh thet.

bhtr3d
12-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Ifun I wuss uh mine tu I cud hep yuins widt yer anglish. Butt ull jist leef Elkie tuh duh thet.

You have way too much time ...lol. Looking too see y'all in a month. And for the old elk....no backing out we have places for you an Shirley to stay I'm sure :)

carlosii
12-25-2013, 04:02 PM

easy for you to say...

Elkhunter
12-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Got a call from Clawed this mornin as he was passin thru Valdosta on their way to their winter sugar shack --- come find out were only about 1hr to 1 1/2hrs apart --- ya'd never know he was a retired teacher the way he talks --- his english is atroshius.

The worst part a are comin down ta the Geezer Bowl is that we can't leave the kids home alone overnight, so we'd hafta take the camper, but then there's too big a gap tween it n' the Newberry ASA shoot. We ain't ruled it out yet --- I'm sure it will be a last minute decision, and the weather bein a major facter.

Valerie and I know we have a place to wickie up if we come down. There is another possibility of room n' boardin the kids out, and then us just goin down in are 40mpg car. It's 3hrs 45min down there fer us.

bhtr3d
12-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Oh I am so sorry.....I got her name wrong.....holding my head low.....sorry valerie :)

carlosii
12-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Oh I am so sorry.....I got her name wrong.....holding my head low.....sorry valerie :)

you never know about ol' Elkie...he might have passed through Utah back in the old days and picked up an extra spouse....who knows?

Elkhunter
12-26-2013, 12:21 PM
UH UH !!! --- Nevva hoppen.

C.Roberts
12-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Elkie, you were probably like me. We were just lucky to have one spouse, let alone two, and one can put enough knots on your head, especially if they pay any attention to Tim. LOL

bhtr3d
12-28-2013, 03:52 AM
You do realize I control what stake you start on for the geezerfest....

Elkhunter
12-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Hey --- a "news alert" just comin in --- the Geezer Bowls gonna also be a ASA "state qualifier", and its now official, that the 2014 Florida State shoot is gonna be July 19th & 20th in Tallahassee ---- SOOOOOOO, go git qualified tip toein thru the tulips @ Timmys' "Shake n' Bake" n' then yer qualified for the state championship shoot in July --- word is its gonna be sum stiff competition there this year.

There, that outta git me steak#1

SonnyThomas
12-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Florida Warm Up. Strikes a memory cord.... Was down there in '73. Daytona Speed Week, motorcyles races, me there for the Alligator 200 Enduro. Got use to warm weather....and then that dang ocean breeze would come in at night or early morning....We was a grabbing for sweaters, jackets and blankets to keep from freezin'....Still shivering when the Enduro began that morning....riding on grapefruit rocks, dang desert ain't got as much sand as Florida, swamps....Afraid to slow down for a gator might get me....Riding along in a ditch...Looked kinda funny and then realized it was a plow furl about shoulder high. Ya, plow so big a dozer pulled it. Ya ever see them pine tree fields? Dirt peaks 5 and 6 feet high and we had to whoopity dew across 'em. My kidneys still ache thinking about it. Enduro over out in the middle of nowhere and given a paper to get us to the club tent... Got there, stopped....Well, just sort let my scooter fall over...me with it...They let us recover and the next morning presented awards....Half beat to death, motorcyle all but junk and a marble base stand up trophy for 3rd place to show for it. Still gots the trophy....

Elkhunter
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM
I really don't know what ta say Sonny, but since I ain't never fer a loss a words --- just pretend your gonna be on The Price is Right, and "Come On Down" !!!

carlosii
12-28-2013, 09:58 PM
i see where bhtr3d is beginning to employ threats and engage in intimidation in an effort to deflect honest, well-earned criticism from hisself which is bein' generated by the geezer nation.

be forewarned former ASA director, the wrath of geezers with bows and arrows is a terrible thing to behold...just lookie at what happened to Mickey Mouse when he took on Ol' Phil....

bhtr3d
12-31-2013, 12:56 PM
i see where bhtr3d is beginning to employ threats and engage in intimidation in an effort to deflect honest, well-earned criticism from hisself which is bein' generated by the geezer nation.

be forewarned former ASA director, the wrath of geezers with bows and arrows is a terrible thing to behold...just lookie at what happened to Mickey Mouse when he took on Ol' Phil....

Aaahhh....Well, I know that most of you all have not both of these ranges...and no one has shot one of them :) Just be glad im not sending you all the way to the back 40 this time around :) but I just might send you geezers..and say look for a target :) LMAO ...hhhhmmmm that might be a good thing.....send the olddies out to the back 40 range and whomever comes back we can say are winners for enduring the walk :) LMAO because I wont let y'all have the use of the carts for there.....

Elkhunter
12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Won't let the geezers use the carts huh ??? !!! --- Well, let's see now, it seems as though that we gain knowledge with age. Well, I think that is correct, as I am sure Clawed brought his cart with him when he moved south for the winter. Now I don't know, if after the trip, if it is "topless" again, but top or no top the geezers will have "cart facilities" ---- I'm sure he will bring it with him to the shoot, just as long as he doesn't either forget it, or lose it on the way over there.

Oh well.

SonnyThomas
01-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Aaahhh....Well, I know that most of you all have not both of these ranges...and no one has shot one of them :) Just be glad im not sending you all the way to the back 40 this time around :) but I just might send you geezers..and say look for a target :) LMAO ...hhhhmmmm that might be a good thing.....send the olddies out to the back 40 range and whomever comes back we can say are winners for enduring the walk :) LMAO because I wont let y'all have the use of the carts for there.....

Always thinking for the clubs....Wouldn't it be better to have a auction for rental of the carts? Additional charge for mileage in case them geezers take the scenic route or get lost. Save having the ambulance bothering others as trips down through the range and then dragging out them Cardio zappers. Cut down on the use of them anit-drip things as rest rooms could be got to quicker. Most then could get back to aid the til of Concessions.

Elkhunter
01-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Hey gize --- Sonny might be onta somethin here --- maybe Medicare'd cover the rental under "walking aides for the aged n' decrepid" ??? Sure'd beat walkin --- ever since I hadda go ta size 14's I been doin a lotta trippin over ma own two feet --- that'd be one foot short uva yard !!!

SonnyThomas
01-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Dang, Elk, never thought of that. Think clubs would get a great deal on carts cause them providing elderly services. Then bhtr3d could Motion for the club to buy more....

carlosii
01-02-2014, 03:21 PM
I think if Elkie would cut them nasty toenails back he ought to be able to get by with a size nine...narrow.

Elkhunter
01-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Toenails ??? --- Whats them thangs ??? Mine perty well jungle rotted off back in the early 60's. Carlos --- go to yer nearest big store sporting goods joint, and put on a pair a swim fins --- then take a walk cross the floor n' that'll give y'all a perty good idear what its like ta walk in ma Joja shoes clear up in Indianer.

carlosii
01-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Packed the dog, the bow, the arrows, the clothes, and all the necessaries...now its off to Geezer Fest by way of Indianapolis...we'll see who shows up...i'm bettin' it'll just be Dr. Dorite and CarlosII...bring yer A game Cloud...

Elkhunter
01-24-2014, 02:04 AM
I already told y'all I won't be there--- The Cinncinnatti Kid might show up tho. We'll be at are local club shoot.

carlosii
01-24-2014, 10:13 AM
I already told y'all I won't be there--- The Cinncinnatti Kid might show up tho. We'll be at are local club shoot.

sure sure there Elkie...i checked 3dshoots.com and sure enough there's a local shoot only 427 miles from yer house...gotta support them "Local" shoots. LOL

bhtr3d
01-25-2014, 02:49 AM
Naw....hes shooting at Shiloh archery club in hihara......for us old time Southern shooters....know it as little river...

Elkhunter
01-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Right on Timmer --- Tomorrow we will be shooting only 29 miles from home ---- Shot at Tallahassee today where 2014 "State Shoot" will be July 19th & 20th. EXCELLENT course --- good mix of yardages --- no gimmies.

carlosii
01-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Well, once again I've fallen victim to the eagle eye of Clawed the Carlosii Killer...the man showed no mercy as he again showed the level of his skills with the stick and string. The man was a machine as he pounded 12 after 12...cool as a Kentucky Wildcat shootin' free throws, he was. His uncanny ability to judge yardage down to the smallest of margins was awe-inspiring. He has mastered the mysteries of the hinge release to the point where, when that hinge clicked, the target animals actually flinched in anticipation.

Elkie, Older, Jake and all you other geezers who ain't in the mood for a good ol' fashion whupupon had better think twice, or even three times, about headin' to Gainesville and facin' such a shooter...just sayin'...

Elkhunter
01-27-2014, 12:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Clawed !!! I knew you was "Da Man" --- A beast ta be reckoned with this year when y'all shot down at Newberry bout 10 days ago. I tell ya man, I'm packin up ma longhandles fer the ASA next weekend, cause I know I'm just gonna shiver in ma boots at the site a ya. Well, I'll also have ya know the Elkmeister stepped up ta the plate yesterday too at Hahira --- had (3)12's already otta the first 4 targets !!! --- It'll be the batttle a the centry I can see er comin already --- bring yer A+ game cause I ain't rollin over fer nobody without a fight !!!

veroshooter
01-28-2014, 12:03 PM
I am pretty sure I saw and attempt at sabotage on the second round. A couple of geezers came rolling by in the cart on the way to start after lunch and the driver of the cart ran the passengers bow right into a bow rack! The bow was nearly ripped from the passengers hands but the driver kept right on rolling. No names will be posted here but I am pretty sure you know who you are. There is no shame at this annual event only a must win attitude! LOL

Elkhunter
01-28-2014, 04:49 PM
One thing fer sure Vero --- Beware of the Geezer ---- y'all never wanna underestimate the powers uva Geezer --- They got extrordinary enginuity, creativity, intellagence, adaptibility, passion, talents, behavier, n' testosteroan !!!

veroshooter
01-28-2014, 07:20 PM
After witnessing it first hand I will not argue with you about that.

jacoserv
01-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Hey Elkie, Just thought I'd let you know I will be adjusting this bow for you. No thanks needed I know you'll appreciate it.

carlosii
01-29-2014, 12:35 AM
veroshooter....my hand's healing just a tad...thank you very much for asking. i expect to have the band-aids and casts removed by thursday.

btw, a Kentucky license is not based on driving ability or knowing the rules of the road...you just have to be able to stand still long enough to get your pitcher took.

Elkhunter
01-29-2014, 01:38 AM
Yah Jake --- appreciate any a yer super tuning ya can do ta it before ya bring it on down to Newberry. I will tho be bringing alla my paper tunin/chrono, press, new arrahs, etc stuff wit me, so I try n' git it all tuned up, fitted right n' sited in fer the shoot this weekend. My firsat time ever goin ta a national shoot without a bow all set up n' ready ta go, but I sure ain't got no choice this time. We was wantin ta shoot the proam, but won't be nowheres near ready fer it, since we probly won't be gittin down there til early Thursday after noon.

carlosii
01-29-2014, 02:24 PM
i was gonna say something about the cool weather which has moved into central florida...but its supposed to warm up in time for the weekend shoot.

so, i'm just gonna put this out there...if some dude named Meyers the Brewmeister shows up to take on the geezers at Gainesville, its gonna be an interesting weekend.

as usual i'll be there to donate money into the pot with no expectations of diggin' myself out of the cellar...and i'll enjoy watchin' the sweating gonna on amongst the geezer contingent buttin' heads for the podium spots.

thanks MIKE for havin' those team shoots or i'd never make any money or get my picture took.

Elkhunter
01-29-2014, 08:17 PM
We live 6 miles above the Florida border, and right at this moment it is SNOWING !!! It's been 10yrs now since I shoveled 12ft of that stuff every Winter --- guess we better move further South !!! AND here I been going in and out all afternoon in hail and rain trying to get a bow tuned up , and sighted in to shoot this weekend.

SOOOO, now that my hands are warmed up again its time to go back out, and have "FUN" ???

carlosii
01-29-2014, 11:11 PM
like they say Elkie, "Life's a b*tch and then you die."

bhtr3d
01-30-2014, 01:35 AM
Oohhh you wouldnt wanna live down here.....ya would have to shoot all the ti me...:)

SonnyThomas
01-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Sort got a laugh about Atlanta. 2" virtually stopped all? That's a heavy frost around my next of the woods. Forecast for us is 3 to 5" from one news station and 8" from another. And my driveway is at least 150 yards long, not counting around the house, to the garage to the wife's chicken house....and my closest 40 yard walk up practice bale.

bhtr3d
01-31-2014, 03:30 AM
Sort got a laugh about Atlanta. 2" virtually stopped all? That's a heavy frost around my next of the woods. Forecast for us is 3 to 5" from one news station and 8" from another. And my driveway is at least 150 yards long, not counting around the house, to the garage to the wife's chicken house....and my closest 40 yard walk up practice bale.

Sonny...ya it is a little funny.....but also its in part that atlanta isnt equip for this kind of weather...so its the cliche....of a double edged sword

SonnyThomas
01-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes, I know of the strangeness of snow down there. Long, long ago, Jim, a friend moved down there, truck driver. Well, there was a "dusting" of snow. He fires up his motorcycle and heads for work. He got stopped by state police or the sheriff's department; "Are you out of your mind?! Can't you see the roads are closed?! This is snow it terrible!" Jim looks around him and turns to the cop; "From where I come from this is just a heavy frost." Cop went ballistic! Told Jim to go ahead and kill himself. Jim went on to work and when he got there the boss told him to go back home until the snow storm was over. When he told me that I liked to cried from laughing. Back then, me and the guys used ride our dirt bikes year round, raced on the ice when the lakes froze over.

SonnyThomas
01-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Okay, back to 3Ding. Saw where Danny Evans teamed up with someone, shot 40 up, tied and lost in the shoot off. So who were these 40 up shooters?