Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Fancy Archery again

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ebro, Fl
    Posts
    83

    Fancy Archery again

    Well since the ASA season is over it's time for some more of that fancy smancy archery. So if any of you want to come down to Easton Newberry on 9/7-9/8 you can shoot a full FITA round with us. All you need is to be a member of NFAA or NAA. This is our State shoot so we should have quite a few shooters there.

    The format is 90, 70, 50, and 30 meters for male adult and juniors. Old dudes and women shoot a 70, 60, 50 and 30 meter format. So that you know there's about 1.1 yards in a meter. The two furthest ranges are at a 122 cm face and the two closest are at an 80 cm face. Saturday you shoot the 122 cm and Sunday the 80 cm. At each distance you shoot 36 arrows.

    There some other rules that are a little different so ask away if you are interested in playing.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Posts
    40
    I am interested. Don't have any questions though

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    153
    Might want to state....the long distances you will shoot 6 arrows per end and shoot on a A/B B/A line sequence.... and on the second day for the shorter distances you'll do 3 arrows per end . still in the A/B B/A line sequence.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ebro, Fl
    Posts
    83
    Gotta find me some Grey Poupon for my sandwich.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by bhtr3d View Post
    Might want to state....the long distances you will shoot 6 arrows per end and shoot on a A/B B/A line sequence.... and on the second day for the shorter distances you'll do 3 arrows per end . still in the A/B B/A line sequence.
    You shoot 6 arrows per end at all distances. At the 2 short distances everyone goes to their own 80cm 5ring or 6ring target. No more 3-arrow ends.

    LDF

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ebro, Fl
    Posts
    83
    Not in our State shoot Dee. We still use the full face but cut back to 3 arrows. The truncated face would be nice but some still need all the scoring rings! Me sometimes.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    370
    i'm gonna have to be content with the Indiana Field Archery championships this weekend...i'll probably be the only master senior there...again. i don't know if the rest of those guys are dying off or i got 'em spooked.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    370
    IFAA underway...i was a little surprised at the relatively low turnout for a state championship event. i guess field archery doesn't have the appeal for 3d folks. too bad cause its a fun event and something different from the usual 3d stuff. and its ALL marked yardage.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
    IFAA underway...i was a little surprised at the relatively low turnout for a state championship event. i guess field archery doesn't have the appeal for 3d folks. too bad cause its a fun event and something different from the usual 3d stuff. and its ALL marked yardage.
    Maybe you should move to where they shoot all disiplines of archery.....then you would have a reason to say....your vacationing in florida 12 months a year.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by bhtr3d View Post
    Maybe you should move to where they shoot all disiplines of archery.....then you would have a reason to say....your vacationing in florida 12 months a year.
    i saw the new license plate with the new Florida state logo...used to be "Land of Sunshine"...now it reads, "Land of the Three S's....Snakes, Snails, and Sinkholes..."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •