Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Teaching an Old Dog new tricks ain't easy.

Sold my Sweet Spot years back... One of the first to come out, got it at the ATA show. Couldn't get it to adjust. The next owner had the same issue or it wouldn't stay set, I think. The third owner sent it to the factory and it was replaced.

There ya go Carlos --- giver a try --- I might be wrong here, but I seem to recall, that you only have a 3-finger Sweetie --- at Newberry you might try my 4-finger w/o tumb rest, and then compare --- or, do y'all only got 3-fingers ??? --- I know a lotta cedar shake sawyers that got fewer than that !!!

Keep us posted as to how you like shooting w/o the post

Sometime at a shoot I'd like to try yer HT out --- seems to me I tried one a those out one time,and the anchor point sure changed --- also it didn't have a safety.

hey Clawed...how about an update? you've been awful quiet lately with no report on your progress (or lack thereof) with your new release. hope you're not in regression.

Regression ??? --- I think he just beat you into hibernation --- probably won't come out until he's rested up enough to make it through the Geezer Bowl --- followed up by the Dessert Shootout.

Poplar Plains, Ky. "Foothills of the Appalachians"
    Could it be that Carlosii is concerned with my progress because of the 2014 Annual Grand Master Geezer Championship, or maybe he remembers who talks about it each winter but never shows. Do hope our old buddy Elkie will be there to give us a few pointers on shooting a hinge. All I can report as far as progress is that I am now only practicing at maximum yardage with my hinge, and usually can pull all 6 arrows with a one handed single pull. Just like Padgett said, looks like shooting groups is getting expensive with the damaged arrows. ''Aww Shaw Now''
    What's muscle memory? At my age, I it's hard to remember having muscles, or memory.

Claaaaawed --- y'all wanna git reeeeal good, practice at 10yds beyond your max = 50yds --- then y'all never be able ta afford shootin at a closer distance.

How long y'all up fer this time before ya go back ta sleep fer nuther few weeks ??? --- jeepers, first posted at 4:13pm --- musta took ya 8hrs er so ta git all the sleepers otta yer eyes !!!

went out to shoot yesterday afternoon...first time since the classic. like what the pilot said when the lady backed into the propeller..."disaster".

now i have to decide if i want to do the work necessary to regain my championship form, or do i want to retire and just drive around in my recliner.

left arm was shakin' so bad i couldn't keep it on the bullseye.

If ya wanna be a winner at newberry in February, you probably should just "grit yer teeth", and start practicin perfect NOW. Get a good perfect practice regimen goin, so y'all be "toned up". We'll be havin some new talent in are class again next season --- that's right, some new rookies (again), n' their YOUNG n' TUFF, n' have no fear. Look how good the rookies did this past year --- Bob, Harold, Leon, and Roy, and also them 2nd year geezers like RE --- them gize kicked some foam !!! Us original geezers gotta band together to defend are stature in are class cause them new ones are gonna keep on comin, and comin, and comin, cause people keep gettin older every year instead a younger.

SOOO, just remember "perfect practice" --- not just "practice", and do it at 50yds --- that is the answer !!! You got 4 months to convert a "disaster" inta a "champ".

Claude you know where I live. Lessons on the hinge are free to you. And simple to.

Poplar Plains, Ky. "Foothills of the Appalachians"
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdplace View Post
    Claude you know where I live. Lessons on the hinge are free to you. And simple to.
    Mike, Sure am glad to hear an offer like that, for it looks like i'll be needing lots of lessons, especially if all those high powered super seniors decide to show up as geezers next year. Will definitely be coming to see you when I get down there anyway. Need for for you pass along some of that technical knowledge that you've picked up over the years. Probably won't make it until around Christmas this year, unless my old bones and joints get to acting up. Tell Jake congrats for me. Claude
    What's muscle memory? At my age, I it's hard to remember having muscles, or memory.