Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teaching an Old Dog new tricks ain't easy.

curious, what release are you shooting, Clawed?

Poplar Plains, Ky. "Foothills of the Appalachians"
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    C. Roberts,
    Did ya get that Hinge procedure of Padgett's? If not, I have it in my "secret files" and already PMd Carlos a copy.
    Hey Sonny,
    Got his hinge procedure, but after his post on AT's 50 yard thread, had to disregard it as not being for me. According to him, if I used his procedure, I would probably only be able to shoot 1 arrow at a time at any target under 50 yards, for fear of shooting the back out of my arrows. Retrieving arrows at 60 yards and beyond is a lot of walking for an old man, so thought i'd best stay away from getting that good, in order to still maintain my friendship with Carlosii and Elkhunter.

Carlosii,
    I'm shooting a Tru Ball Three Finger, but am thinking of inserting a long screw into the end of it in order to use my pinkie, like you and Elkie.
    What's muscle memory? At my age, I it's hard to remember having muscles, or memory.

Hey Clawed --- a TRU Ball "3-fingered what" ??? ---- They make about as many 3-fingered releases, as Carters little pills in one bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter View Post
    Hey Clawed --- a TRU Ball "3-fingered what" ??? ---- They make about as many 3-fingered releases, as Carters little pills in one bottle.

I'm betting an HT...

The suspense is building --- Clawed --- where are you ??? ---- we need to know what you have, or we won't sleep all night !!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
    I'm betting an HT...
    Well I have an HT3, but also have a BT4 that is cut down to a three finger which I really prefer over the HT. Just a warning for you two. After that bit of information provided to me on setting up my shot sequence, guess I'll be buying a lot more arrows, as i'm expecting to destroy quite a few by shooting groups, and not shooting beyond 50 yards. Maybe have to take out a loan.
    What's muscle memory? At my age, I it's hard to remember having muscles, or memory.

Oh Oh, a sooper secret "shot sequence" --- I do think we're in big trouble Carlos. I think you live a lot closer to him than I do, maybe you could sachay on over to his place n' set up a video recorder on his practice range, since y'all been trained by the NSA (National School Assn). That way we'll be able to decifer his new high-performance shot sequence, keep the secret to areselves, and surprize him at Newberry. The plot is thickening !!!

Oh Oh, a sooper secret "shot sequence" --- The plot is thickening !!!
    Guess you two geezers know, I'd not do this for just anyone but since I've got this new sequence going for me, I'll let you two in on my secret. Call it my ''Hope---I'm Good Sequence'' and since everyone has given up on trying to make sense of our foolishness here on this thread, I won't have to worry about my secret technique getting out.
    1. Hope arrow has the correct fletching turned up... I'm Good, since blade didn't twang and no fletchings on the ground.
    2. Hope no click until release has cleared my nose and mouth...I'm Good, now to anchor before it's just another lost arrow.
    3. Hope my anchor point is better than the last one... I'm Good, at least it did let me anchor, and didn't go off this time.
    4. Hope my arm will hold the bow up, once it stops shaking... I'm Good, arm steady, now to stop the bow, it's still moving.
    5. Hope that pin float settles to within the target somewhere... I'm Good, it actually fired as it was crossing the target.
    6. Hope to let down and put arrow back on rest... I'm Good, if it's true that I really should use equal pressure on all fingers.
    7. Hope never to believe advice pertaining to equal pressure...I'm Good, won't do that again.
    Last edited by C.Roberts; 08-26-2013 at 10:21 PM.

I use a thumb release set as heavy as I can get it. Just like I said to start...got them hinge things to lay out so people can go; "Man! Wow! Those look neat!

Shot with one guy Sunday. He had one of them "look out, it might go off" things. Launched one arrow good, but we found it....12 rows of corn stopped it....Otherwise, he hit the 3D targets...kinda.....
    Last edited by SonnyThomas; 08-27-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Sounds like it must be harvest time on Claweds' farm --- he been smokin "corn silk" in his recliner agin !!!