Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newberry is a wasteland

Newberry is a wasteland

Down here shooting the state FITA and was blown away by the amount of trees cut down around the Easton facility. Where the practice range, known distance and the couple ranges were to the right as you come in are completely gone. Only thing left is behind the water tower and at the end of the ball fields. Everything else is gone.

Oh Oh, that don't sound good --- it didn't look that great around there from the last "haircut" they gave it. Sounds to me like there is a new "dessert shootout" in the making. They might wanna spray Miracle Grow around the facility, so we would at least have some tall weeds to buffer the high winds sometimes faced with down there. I wonder if ASA will be thinking of a new location for 2015 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter View Post
    Oh Oh, that don't sound good --- it didn't look that great around there from the last "haircut" they gave it. Sounds to me like there is a new "dessert shootout" in the making. They might wanna spray Miracle Grow around the facility, so we would at least have some tall weeds to buffer the high winds sometimes faced with down there. I wonder if ASA will be thinking of a new location for 2015 ???
    to heck with 2015, what about 2014?

2014 ??? --- I would imagine that is all "set in stone", because of a trifle obligation called a "contract". Maybe Easton figures on buying up all the leftover unsold artificial Xmas trees at a heckuva bargain after Xmas this year, and setting them all out on the ranges to simulate wooded conditions, and act as wind barriers --- then once the shoot is over put them all in storgae until 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdplace View Post
    Down here shooting the state FITA and was blown away by the amount of trees cut down around the Easton facility. Where the practice range, known distance and the couple ranges were to the right as you come in are completely gone. Only thing left is behind the water tower and at the end of the ball fields. Everything else is gone.
    this report needs pictures...

I think yer too late Carlos --- 3rd place already on his way home --- probably didn't have a camera with him anyway.

Got a couple but they're on the phone and need to be resized. From the water tower on the left all the way around the front entrance and down the right side all the way to the back is gone. So everything that was behind the bags is gone, everything where the 3d practice range is gone and where the known distance ranges were is gone.

WOW --- sounds like the only thing left is the small area where we went several times to the local Newberry Archery Club shoots last Winter and Spring, which is located directly behind the ball field south of the water tower along the east side of the property --- at least I hope that is left !!!

The ranges behind the water tower and the ones all the way in the back behind the ball fields are still there.

will be headed down to WDW in mid october. i plan on swinging by and seeing the conditions for myself. might have to reconsider Gainesville in 2014.