Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 ASA-FLORIDA warm-up

Right on Timmer --- Tomorrow we will be shooting only 29 miles from home ---- Shot at Tallahassee today where 2014 "State Shoot" will be July 19th & 20th. EXCELLENT course --- good mix of yardages --- no gimmies.

Well, once again I've fallen victim to the eagle eye of Clawed the Carlosii Killer...the man showed no mercy as he again showed the level of his skills with the stick and string. The man was a machine as he pounded 12 after 12...cool as a Kentucky Wildcat shootin' free throws, he was. His uncanny ability to judge yardage down to the smallest of margins was awe-inspiring. He has mastered the mysteries of the hinge release to the point where, when that hinge clicked, the target animals actually flinched in anticipation.

Elkie, Older, Jake and all you other geezers who ain't in the mood for a good ol' fashion whupupon had better think twice, or even three times, about headin' to Gainesville and facin' such a shooter...just sayin'...

CONGRATULATIONS Clawed !!! I knew you was "Da Man" --- A beast ta be reckoned with this year when y'all shot down at Newberry bout 10 days ago. I tell ya man, I'm packin up ma longhandles fer the ASA next weekend, cause I know I'm just gonna shiver in ma boots at the site a ya. Well, I'll also have ya know the Elkmeister stepped up ta the plate yesterday too at Hahira --- had (3)12's already otta the first 4 targets !!! --- It'll be the batttle a the centry I can see er comin already --- bring yer A+ game cause I ain't rollin over fer nobody without a fight !!!

I am pretty sure I saw and attempt at sabotage on the second round. A couple of geezers came rolling by in the cart on the way to start after lunch and the driver of the cart ran the passengers bow right into a bow rack! The bow was nearly ripped from the passengers hands but the driver kept right on rolling. No names will be posted here but I am pretty sure you know who you are. There is no shame at this annual event only a must win attitude! LOL

One thing fer sure Vero --- Beware of the Geezer ---- y'all never wanna underestimate the powers uva Geezer --- They got extrordinary enginuity, creativity, intellagence, adaptibility, passion, talents, behavier, n' testosteroan !!!

After witnessing it first hand I will not argue with you about that.

Hey Elkie, Just thought I'd let you know I will be adjusting this bow for you. No thanks needed I know you'll appreciate it.

veroshooter....my hand's healing just a tad...thank you very much for asking. i expect to have the band-aids and casts removed by thursday.

btw, a Kentucky license is not based on driving ability or knowing the rules of the road...you just have to be able to stand still long enough to get your pitcher took.

Yah Jake --- appreciate any a yer super tuning ya can do ta it before ya bring it on down to Newberry. I will tho be bringing alla my paper tunin/chrono, press, new arrahs, etc stuff wit me, so I try n' git it all tuned up, fitted right n' sited in fer the shoot this weekend. My firsat time ever goin ta a national shoot without a bow all set up n' ready ta go, but I sure ain't got no choice this time. We was wantin ta shoot the proam, but won't be nowheres near ready fer it, since we probly won't be gittin down there til early Thursday after noon.

i was gonna say something about the cool weather which has moved into central florida...but its supposed to warm up in time for the weekend shoot.

so, i'm just gonna put this out there...if some dude named Meyers the Brewmeister shows up to take on the geezers at Gainesville, its gonna be an interesting weekend.

as usual i'll be there to donate money into the pot with no expectations of diggin' myself out of the cellar...and i'll enjoy watchin' the sweating gonna on amongst the geezer contingent buttin' heads for the podium spots.

thanks MIKE for havin' those team shoots or i'd never make any money or get my picture took.