Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Rates in Cullman

Hybrid View

Hotel Rates in Cullman

thought i might book a room at the comfort suites in cullman for the classic. i thought $149 per night was a little high...went back and checked the dates for the same room a month before the classic and the rate quoted was $114 per night. that's an extra $105 over a three night stay.

the hampton inn seems to be doing the same. a three night stay in mid-july totaled $339. the same three nights during the classic will set you back $490.

it may be time to re-think whether or not it is worth it to attend the classic.

maybe learning a little something from the folks in Paris?
    Last edited by carlosii; 04-03-2013 at 03:33 PM.

I agree some of the towns are jacking up the rates 30% over normal. I am not going to pay 110.00 night for a room on top of traveling 12 hrs one way and entry fee of 275.00. I believe ASA needs to address this situation.

I always check hotwire prices first, then call reservations and compare the prices. I got my room in WM for $58 per night thru the hotel and Paris $57 per night thru hotwire.
    Founding member of FOAM COMMANDERS
    PSE Feild Staff Shooter
    H&H Shooting Sports Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by tagmaster10 View Post
    I always check hotwire prices first, then call reservations and compare the prices. I got my room in WM for $58 per night thru the hotel and Paris $57 per night thru hotwire.
    There is one close.....I believe it's called Smith Lake

cabins

Quote Originally Posted by bhtr3d View Post
    There is one close.....I believe it's called Smith Lake
    I rent a cabin at Smith Lake. It was like $75. We stayed there last year, and we are staying there this year too.

Im seriously thinking about finding a campground near by and dragging my Travel Trailer 8 hours down there.. Might be cheaper in the long run depending on gas prices..
    2- 2010 Elite Z28
    2010 Elite XLR- in route
    Nok'd Up Archery Staff

I need to book my hotel room also. Does the shooting start on the 1st? Trying to figure out if I should get a room for the night before also.

Yupper, the regular competition shoot dates are Sat, the 1st, and Sunday, the 2nd. It would be well worth while gittin there a day early, shoot a little bit on the animal practice range, or the Simms known yardage shoot, and then kick back, and git a good nights sleep on Friday night. Don't rush yerself Saturday mornin, just kinda git up without a alarm, have some good grunts fer a late breakfast, and git to the shoot siight in time enough to warm up a little bit on the practice bags before the shoot.

Have a safe trip without falling, shoot good, and have fun !!!

Elkie forgot the team shoot friday afternoon...

Sorry Shadowrider, CRS done set in again, and like they say "two geezers heads is better than one" --- Ol' Carlosii was on the ball, and caught my ohmission --- the team shoot, yup, is a good fun event --- gives y'all yardage practice, shootin practice, and lottsa commerodarary fun stuff too.