Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A tie is a tie is a tie...so who wins?

A tie is a tie is a tie...so who wins?

there were two shooters in the super seniors who shot the same score with the same number of 12's...did they have a shoot down to determine who finished second and who finished third?

Quote Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
    there were two shooters in the super seniors who shot the same score with the same number of 12's...did they have a shoot down to determine who finished second and who finished third?
    No, that would be a tie for 2nd

so they both are credited with a second place finish and split the money that would go to second and third?

What about amateur shooters that receive contingency payouts from their sponsors, i.e. Bowtech is paying $650 for 1st, $450 for 2nd, and $275 for 3rd in certain classes for anyone shooting a Bowtech bow, and signs up at their booth for contingency ??? Does Bowtech automatically pay for a 2nd place finish ??? Wild ascertion, but what if BOTH shooters were shooting Bowtech bows --- would they then be obligated to payout TWO 2nd place finishes instead of (1)2nd place finish, and (1)3rd place finish ??? --- Something doesn't seem right here ???

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter View Post
    What about amateur shooters that receive contingency payouts from their sponsors, i.e. Bowtech is paying $650 for 1st, $450 for 2nd, and $275 for 3rd in certain classes for anyone shooting a Bowtech bow, and signs up at their booth for contingency ??? Does Bowtech automatically pay for a 2nd place finish ??? Wild ascertion, but what if BOTH shooters were shooting Bowtech bows --- would they then be obligated to payout TWO 2nd place finishes instead of (1)2nd place finish, and (1)3rd place finish ??? --- Something doesn't seem right here ???
    The law of averages comes into play ...but with your for instance....going on past chances of it happening...they are both 2nd....and there is no 3rd.....next place is 4th for most of the record....

I would think, that for the first 3 places in the amateur classes there could at least be a "one arrow shootoff" --- closest to the center of the 12 ring to determine a given place instead of a tie where both score and twelve count are the same. The pros have their shootdown, and if there is a tie between two at the end of the shootdown, they have a "shootoff" to determine ONE specific winner, and ONE specific 2nd place. In the case of London I have read there were 1536 shooters. Of those 1536 shooters I counted ONLY 131 pros total for the Open pro, Womens Pro, and Senior Pro classes. That leaves 1405 amateurs --- With those kind of amateur numbers you would think there could be a "one arrow shootoff" to determine specific 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. After 3rd place let there be ties without having a shootoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter View Post
    I would think, that for the first 3 places in the amateur classes there could at least be a "one arrow shootoff" --- closest to the center of the 12 ring to determine a given place instead of a tie where both score and twelve count are the same. The pros have their shootdown, and if there is a tie between two at the end of the shootdown, they have a "shootoff" to determine ONE specific winner, and ONE specific 2nd place. In the case of London I have read there were 1536 shooters. Of those 1536 shooters I counted ONLY 131 pros total for the Open pro, Womens Pro, and Senior Pro classes. That leaves 1405 amateurs --- With those kind of amateur numbers you would think there could be a "one arrow shootoff" to determine specific 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. After 3rd place let there be ties without having a shootoff.
    There is only a '''shoot off'' for the winner.... A quote from the famous Ricky Bobby...if you aint first your last.....So, it really doesn't matter :P.....

But, to make any changes to the rules....Send a suggestion into the office for the rules committee and they will look to change onto a upcoming year.

Never heard a "Ricky bobby", but will pursue a "recommended change" for next year.

Just flip a coin. Well, check the coin first to make sure it does have a heads and tail

livin' in Georgia and you ain't heard of Rickie Bobby??? what kinda red neck nascar fan are you???