Thread: ASA/Regions???????????

ASA/Regions???????????

Are they still saying you can qualify for the Classic by shooting Regions??? And when did they "merge"?????

This was posted on AT by NYS REP:

Have received word that an additional class will be added for the Regions event in Warren PA. Semi-Pro Extreme-5 grains per pound no speed limit. $15.00 membership ASA/Regions entry fee, cash payout, no plaque and no qualification for the Classic with that set-up. Their you go, an organization trying to include all shooters and equipment. No reason not to support this event.

The only '''merger''' I know of is ; if you shoot a regions shoot ''this''' year and its a '''ASA"" class you can qualify to shoot the Classic....That's the only one I know of. Any of the '''ibo'' style classes do not count though.

That question was asked before the site crash and the answer was no you can't qualify for the Classic by shooting Regions. That is why I brought it up.

Ya, but since then, there was changes....so now its of this year...only...if its a asa class....than yes

That's funny we were told the opposite.

If by one reply, someone can qualify through Regions, be a Regions member only, and place or win in the ASA Classic.
    Ques; "Whose Classic will they not be qualified for? Last I saw was the ASA was not affiliated or anything with Regions. Info lost when ASA forums crashed"

Reply; "ASA is recognizing the Regions shoots as qualifiers for the Classic..... for those who compete in traditional ASA classes at the Regions events."

Ques; "As a separate organization? Like run in with ASA classes and have separate awards?"

Reply; " I can't answer that but I don't "THINK" so. My understanding is.... ASA is simply recognizing the Regions events as qualifiers for the Classic... it seems no different than the Federation process really."

Comment following; " Better check with the ASA office."